Friday 24 July 2020

My First Solo trip

Hello Guys My name is Milind,
I have been travelling since I was 15 yrs old, Since then it is never looking back. I have primarily explored most parts except North east
Apart from india I have done solo trip to Nepal & Bhutan

I am basically a budget traveller, and do not really like to spend more on stay part. I have stayed at hostel, dharamshala, temple, church, gurudwara etc
I majorly prefer to travel via public transport mostly in general class, I feel you will meet most humble people there.

Talking about my first solo trip, I been to place called Pawagarh near Vadodara Gujarat, It's hill station and pilgrimage for hindus. There are few unesco world Heritage Sites such as Ruins of Champaner.My parents were out of station and they left me at my aunt's place,  I told my aunt I am going to my friends place and will stay back. I also filled a water bottle and kept a pair of clothes I boarded train with current ticket which cost me ₹65 in passenger train from Mumbai.
I was excited about going away alone for the first time. I still remember few faces who were taking extra care as I was young.
I saw people sleeping in various positions. Some on seat, some on luggage reck, some beneath seat. 


I got down at vadodara station early in the morning. I was hungry so I had tea with biscuits which I carried along. Those were the days when Internet and smart phones were not there. So I asked local are reached State transport terminal. Took bus ticket at half price as I was carrying my school I'd. I just paid ₹20 for 55 kms.


I reached pawagarh visited temple which is on mountain. one can either trek or can take cable car. I chose to trek. There is lake on top of mountain so I couldn't resist and I jumped in to it. Post visit of the temple. I met this elderly lady who was having hard time managing her belonging. I offered her help. I asked her to go and get darshan. While I will keep eye on her Belongings. While returning, I said I am going down by steps. She paid for my cable car charges.

She asked me more about my self.  I was little anxious, so didn't reveal much, when we got down she invited me to her place for meals, I couldn't deny as I was hungry already. Later I came to know she was well known in locals. As while I was at her place there were many locals touched her feet.Post meals I took her leave. She asked where you will go, I said home.


I roamed around pawagarh, saw monuments and ruins of old village of Champaner.
I came back to base of pawagarh.

I got lift in "Chakada" (It's combination of bike attached with open cart. This is often used in small towns of Gujarat.) Till vadodara city.

It was about six in evening I reached Vadodara station. Had dinner at railway canteen and boarded train back to Mumbai.
I travelled by general class again and this time I slept on the news paper under the seat.
No one knows about this trip till date.

Total cost was approx ₹200

Though I have done many solo trips but this one will always remain special for me. Thank you for your time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment